View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
absentx

Sorry tons of water may not be the best description...

"Fairly annoying amount of water" might be the better description. The reason I used the word tons was because in our test, I could see water getting in through that fitting at a pretty rapid pace, enough that if it rained for a couple hours while the kayak sat beached, two to three inches of water would collect in the rear of the craft.

We do an eight day kayak camping trip so even though I use dry bags in the hull, moisture can find its way into anything so I want to do everything possible to reduce the amount of water that gets in...because once stuff gets wet while camping, depending on the weather, you may not have another chance to truly get it dry!

So ultimately just trying to keep that thing as water tight as possible. I'll probably re do the fitting to make sure the oring and the fitting are as sound as possible then add some RTV to the backside for extra insurance. Non of my other hobie through hull's do this and I have three others that I have rigged up for some extra electronics.
absentx is offline   Reply With Quote