View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
david886720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
This got me thinking about paddles. I have a Werner Skagit FG and it's a nice paddle, but if I'm really trying to dig in to pass through a boating lane or similar there's some noticeable flex in the blade. I got to wondering about how the Skagit is marketed, so I read through the specs. The key is "fiberglass reinforced nylon, injection molded blades". The Skagit CF is offering up carbon fiber reinforcement, but we're still talking plastic blades for that extra $40. I think it almost makes more sense to go with either the Skagit FG for the value or Camano for a true fiberglass blade construction.
Thanks for the input Dave. I decided to go for a Camano after a lot of thought. Nice to hear your thoughts after actual time on the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingokevin View Post
Have a Camano 240 great paddle use it on a kraken 13.5

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Another vote for the Camano. Thanks Dingokevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Winfrey View Post
Love my Prowler. I've had it in some fairly rough conditions and never felt it was over matched. Of course now that I've said that ....... It has plenty of storage and although it doesn't have the rod pod of the Trident, you can store rods in the front hatch if needed. It's also light enough for me to car top on my own and I'm not a big guy. I don't think it can be beat for the money.
I feel good about getting this yak after hearing your review. Thanks Orca for your thoughts. Can't wait to get on the water once I get all the necessities!
david886720 is offline   Reply With Quote