View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #23
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers in kuwait View Post
Thanks for sharing the informative posts gents! Always a good read and very helpful.

I was out on Sat. Had a late start and didn't get out till 7am. Surf was fun as mentioned. I hugged the kelp coming out and made a mix bag of jack and greenbacks very quickly.

Seeing some of the surface action, I took to flyline and flat falls for most the morning and figured I could cover some ground. I went out west first and then came back in and headed towards the kelp. I paused once at the kelp line, tied on a fresh dropper loop (65lb braid - Alberto knot - 50lb mono - 2/0 Ringed J hook.) and sent down a nice medium greenback First drop down, immediately get hit and the fish is racing to the kelp. I start gaining line and now my flyline gets picked up.. double!

I continue with the fish from below and pull em out of the weeds. Once I grab the other rod, I have the fish for about 2-3 minutes and pops off in the kelp. 40 lb fluro was pretty abraded above hook. Got wet coming in... but always enjoy the time on the water.

I did find a pair of fishing gloves. So PM details and I'd be happy to return them to you.

Here's some video

The video is rad thanks for posting!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote