View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #8
jlabs63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Saw you out there on Friday. I was in my kayak and I could see the advantage in being able to move around quicker, to check out different areas quicker. That, I find is the best advantage, somedays I have spent too much time searching for live bait. When the bait is hard to find I like trolling or casting Irons and that, like the knife or a gaff are somethings I would always worry about being in an inflatable. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, the boat is definitely an advantage when looking for bait. Lately, I have found myself fishing from it more than the yak. I enjoy the sport of yak-fishing, but I have a bad back and its about the same effort to launch, but is faster and more comfortable.

Ive had it for about 6 years and the material is very tough; Ive dropped lures and hooks, but never punctured it. The gaff is the real concern, especially when you have a fish on it! We could have very easily stuck it in one of the sides during the tug-o-war with the seal.

However, I just had to patch about a dozen or more tiny pin-hole leaks in floor on the back half of the boat (the boat has an inflatable floor), but cant figure out whats causing them. The only thing that I can think of is bait flopping around. There were none in the upper half that is mostly used for storage.

The Dude - You're right, the fish does look traumatized. Must have been from the dog.
jlabs63 is offline   Reply With Quote