View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #31
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post

It's actually closer to 1000 - 2000 rads for a single dose, which is impossible in the amounts released for japan....
yes, those levels are for rapidly killing a person, directly from exposure to radiation.

anyone with any knowledge of radiation & the contamination levels in Japan, would concur we are not at a realistic risk for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post

....What really gets you is when you intake the contamination. Some of the contamination builds up in vital organs. It's the small amounts of radiation from the contamination in your body that, over time, increases your risk for cancer...
yes, risk for cancer, and other internal health issues.

THIS is the potential risk that many all around the Pacific ocean are POSSIBLY subject to.

and MORE radioactive contamination is CONTINUALLY leaking out into Pacific waters EVERY DAY, with no definitive end in sight.

impossible to predict exactly what issues may evolve in future, and it will likely be many years before all is known here, but there is certainly a potential health threat going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea View Post

There is SOME truth to it unfortunately...the dirty rods on the roof that exploded is a concern and the 2 reactors that started meltdown. The fact it is a "level 3" is a concern...I do not trust Japan or Tepco to tell us the truth about how much is leaking out...I am glad we are in San Diego and not Seattle....
those are my sentiments on this topic as well.

here's more of my thoughts on this, from another thread on this board.....

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...411#post168411

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote