View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #9
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Live bait is not all that is cracked up to be.

I have been invited to go on a private boat twice in the last 3 weeks. To chip in for expense I paid for live bait. $45.00 and $40.00. We fished the kelp beds at San Onorfe (spl?) and one bass was the catch. We did much better with bottom fishing with cut mackerel. No sign of tuna or yellowtail.
I agree (I'm a tournament bass angler so live/cut bait is a new deal to me anyway) but when you need it, it would be nice to have the option. Especially since this thing is so lightweight and easy to stow away until needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filippo View Post
It's a holding up great! Yes, the door is a bit frustrating to open at times, but you get used to and I prefer it this way rather then being too easy and losing bait. It's really, really light, but I've never doubted it'd be break and I've never had issues with it. I actually considered buying a 2nd one as backup in case the company would ever go out of business (hopefully not!!!), but haven't yet simply because I just don't seeing it breaking. For $40, it's a no brainer.

I'll be kayaking SD bay on Sat AM, you're welcome to stop by and check it out.
Good to hear. If I go this route, your review gives me some confidence in the product. What I've read so far is definitely negative heavy.

Thanks again everyone...
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote