Thread: LA JOLLA 08/06
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
lbsurf2ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Hit LJ again today with a buddy, bait was super easy to make really got the greenies down. Fish were all over today lots of people I saw hook up, although I did get hit it did not stick, but I did learn a lot today really getting the technique, bait size, hook size and speed really dialed in I know my YT is coming soon. I did get into an interesting fish that slammed my Mac and instantly went airborne and broke the line as it went up. My buddy got a nice little YT and I think I was just as stoked as he was reeling with me just watching the fight. Overall great day, a little choppy out but a beautiful day nonetheless.
Easyday-

Can you post a little bit about your setup? I know lots of guys on here will jump at the chance to give you some advice. If you haven't connected this summer your doing something wrong. Not to say that blind luck won't get you a yellow this summer but instead of just saying "you'll getum next time" have you considered getting a guide? Some guys just aren't really into that and want to figure it out on their own which is fine but if your a poor shmuck like me and only get one shot a week to fish then you may want to consult the darkhorse (Josh Pruitt). It's a small price to pay considering all the knowledge Josh throws at you. In my eyes it saved me so much time and money.

When out on the water being ready and maximizing on opportunity is key.