View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #28
ful-rac
Emperor

The Venue will be....

With Irvine lake closed to all private boat launch and kayaks...We've had a hard time picking a venue for our annual campout. Considering fishing and convenience and location we have settled on Santa Ana River Lakes. I know it's not the best place for wanting to camp...because the back drop is the 91 freeway... ! It's not all bad though...we have potential for great fishing, camping, camp fire, food, and all the fun that comes along with it. Besides it kinda fits in with the whole team sewer thing...

At the last event we had a $5 or $10 dollar fishing tournament at irvine for the biggest fish, won by bwana Mike, with all proceeds going to the James Lebowitz scholarship endowment. This year we have another BWE member in need and that's our very own Steve Green (Landwhale). If you haven't heard he has been diagnosed with Cancer and will be needing help from our community. Steve and his daughter Heather also attened our Irvine lake campout this year contributing once again to another member in need. So I propose that we do the same for Steve, and contribute all the money collected from the Santa Ana River Lakes tourney to our good ol' buddy steve's cancer treatment fund.

We have not picked out a date for our campout as of yet...It will be decided sometime soon. Possibly, sometime in December and if not definitely sometime in January. If you are interested in joining us let me know.

If you haven't seen what one of our campouts is like check out the video of our last event.