View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #752
Wyota

Another year on doing well

Well, despite being doomed to corrosive failure, the box is still going strong. Replaced a fuse once after letting her sit a while but the o-ringed covers on switches, goop on case rubber switch covers faul, and liberAL use of dialectric grease on the buss inside has kept her looking new. Run lights fishfinder, bait tank and marine radio off it all day with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyota View Post
Well, based on your advice, I gooped the poop out of the switches (not so pretty now), and I decided to use a liberal amount of dielectric grease on the box seal. Took it out, and while it didn't get a full dunking, it got pretty wet. Appears to be no moisture whatsoever inside the box. Gotta give it a few more days to check for any moisture or corrosion, but appearts to be holding up pretty well. After use, have decided to mount the ff to the top of the box (assuming it passes the longer term corrosion test).

Goop is great!!!!!

Update: 16 days later and nary a bit of moisture or corrosion. I'll keep inspection, grease and regoop as needed as a critical pre op check and it should be fine. Now to build out the light rig.
Wyota is offline   Reply With Quote