View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #10
landwhale

Was a cool morning had me wishing I had brought a sweatshirt though it warmed up once I got on the water and started pulling on some fish. Nice meeting and putting some faces to names and thanks again for the blades Rich good seeing you again. Only threw the blade for a short btime I was having great luck with the Paddlez Redbone 4" and Root Beer in 5" dipped in the Uni Butter so just stuck with them, 10 out of my first 15 spotties were legals all caught in the channel near Sea World with 3 good fish lost when they dove into the Eel Grass. Moved over into the Ski area and added another 10 short spotties. I use a 3/8 oz Owner Ultra head which is the Owner Sled Head in 3/0 without the screw on spring attached to the head coupled which makes the bait weedless and a slow retrieve along the bottom. I've fished MB alot over the years It is my favorite body of water to fish it has various areas that offer a variety of bottom conditions that all work differently various times of the year. Time on the water and experimenting with different baits and techniques makes a lot of the difference,

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote