View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #4
brew
I Exercise Fish

Part 3

We loaded up the truck and took off to try a beach a little bit to the north. Its nice to be able to park wherever you want.

The surf was pretty big, but the period was long enough for some clear water. We hit it hard for about an hour. I got one pancake, and then we were off to Punta Abreojos!

On the road again...

First stop was the point. The last time I was here it was almost wide open corvina off the rocks in the evenings and again in the morning when they were chasing bait against the beach.

This time was a lot slower, but I still got a couple of chunky YFCs. That makes 6 species for those who are keeping track.

We went driving around exploring to the north and stopped to eat lunch in La Bocana.

The road was pretty bumpy and windy so we decided to head down the beach for a ways and then cut in. On the way we spotted a nice looking hole, so we jumped out and threw a few casts.

1" shy of legal. Stoked!

Another great sunset.

After that we headed south to Campo Rene to get a fisherman's shack for the night. The rooms are "rustic", but very convenient for fishing Coyote Estuary in the morning and that was our plan. Actually there are a couple of nicer rooms if you bring your wife or something. The shack were good for us and even had rod racks

And they also have a decent restaurant. A slight miscommunication got Leo 3 orders of 3 fish tacos each. And they were huge!

Ok that is it for today. Part 4 will continue tomorrow.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote