Thread: LJ 1/22 am
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
PlasticSkipper

I fished from 10:00am to 5:00pm yesterday. I saw your landing Dennis, but didn't recognize you until I was wading out trying to time the sets. I would call it a controlled roll. When I got past the buoys I saw that the sport boat Sea Watch was pulling up their anchor so I waited for them to untangle lobster traps from their prop and then took their spot between Gods Rock and Anchor Rock. I figured they had been working a chum line for a while and it might be good for something, an hour later I realized I was wrong, nothing biting and very few marks on the FF. Then I went out to the NW corner, nothing on the FF, followed the canyon edge back towards the marine reserve, talked to a few people who hadn't seen any fish either. Trolled a rapala on one line and a dead squid with squid skirt and 2oz slider above a swivel on another over to the pier. Worked the squid on the bottom for a while. Went North to the TP artificial reefs, first time I have not metered fish in that area. Worked the bottom for halibut for another hour or so and then trolled back to the marine reserve. Almost 10 miles. I suck at fishing. Maybe tomorrow! Dave
PlasticSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote