View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 02:05 AM   #66
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Definitely need one on a kayak. Shore fishing, no, but any vessel yes. We happened to be in a tin boat when we were checked but the yakers were checked too. The guy was cool even though even though a certain rookie on the tin boat, (Bakomob or something like that) had forgotten his in the truck. He was a representative from PESCA and said he would check us again tomorrow if we were out there. They have been checking at the ramp off and on for the last few weeks. I think it's great so show some level of enforcement here. Less than fiddy bucks for a full year is the best fish and game deal that I know of. Plus you will save a few bucks every time you take one of the sportfishing fleet out of San Diego, headed for Mexican waters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
Did you guys get checked on or off the water?

Somebody was just telling me that you don't need a license to fish from the yak in Mexico. I told them I WOULD NOT RISK IT.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote