Thread: Gohst shrimp
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #8
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveaction13 View Post
I'm going to make a pair of shrimp pumps
Do you mind sharing your ideas for how you are making your ghost shrimp pumps? Serious question.

-----

Now, a not-so-serious story, as I am sometimes wont to do

I got a wild bug one day to make shrimp pumps myself, and did a test run for 5 pumps. Handed them out to my fishing friends as gifts.

I was thinking about the way the ad copy on the product hang tag should read:

- Simple yet strong design eliminates so many things that are not necessary
- Removable top cap for easy washing - easy to remove sand, mud, muck and bio-stuff that rots and stinks
- Longer 30" suck tube for less back pain from bending over
- Champhoric (i.e. a chamfer cut that feels euphoric) tube end for easy insertion and deeper penetration [sex sells, right?]
- Harmonically balanced (a method used to calculate the steady-state response of non-linear differential equations)
- - [PS, I don't know WTF that means, but it sounds KICK ASS for a state of the art high quality shrimp pump that beats all the others]
- Fashionable and stylish black & white color combination. Everyone will immediately recognize and admire you with a distinctive Mr. NiceGuy brand Ghost Shrimp Pump!

Something like that.

AND NOW, here it is 3 years later and I've never actually gone out to pump a shrimp myself. BUTT HAY, I like the process of inventing and building things.

SOMEDAY, I intend to go pump a shrimp in Mission Bay. It's on my bucket list of things to do in the not-too-distant future

(IF I don't get lost in the fog first)

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 08-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote