View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Mako-ville UPDATE

It was a trip to Baja, mako-ville to get the gear loaded for my trip next week to Lake
Powell.

NOTE of IMPORTANCE: Guys the costs are running a little HIGH this year. We need to
keep the costs down. Between the Quad, and the Honda for the Solo Skiff I spent about
$375.00 to keep them in top running condition.

OUTBOARD MOTORS: Spent just over $150.00 to have the HONDA 6 serviced, oil
changed and filter replaced, lower unit serviced and CARB Jets cleaned out.

NEW RULE FOR ALL OUTBOARDS: EVERY DAY END OF DAY. Disconnect fuel hose at
FUEL TANK and run engine in fresh water until engine runs out of gas.
LAST DAY OF YOUR TRIP: FOLLOW ABOVE AND THEN EMPTY ALL FUEL FROM THE
FUEL TANK. Put it in YOUR truck, the white Dodge at the restaurant, which is OUR
launch vechicle or burn it in the fire pit, safely please. IF YOU leave it in the tank
YOU will PAY for the next CARB rebuild, or YOU will not be welcome back into camp.
The OLD fuel is causing all our problems. Dave ALSO recommends using fuel stabalizer.
When you leave camp if you used the Gregor or Solo, please leave the fuel tank EMPTY.
Both these engines use about 3 gallons for a days fishing. BRING your fuel with you or
there is a gas station at GONGAZA. If you can get it please use Premium as it is better
for the engines.

QUAD: Spent $225.00 to service the Quad. We had electrical and fuel problems. It now
has a new Carb, fuel pump, fuel filter, oil filter and oil. The key switch was also replaced
along a new fuel cap. YES the quad will do over 50mph. BUT YOU should never need to
go faster then 20-25MPH AND around the restaurant PLEASE keep it down to 5MPH NO
DUST IN MY FOOD PLEASE.......................... When you leave camp at the end of your
trip the Quad needs to be delivered the restaurant with a FULL TANK of FRESH FUEL with
stabalizer.

GUYS I am now on a fixed income. Dave Sivak will be running mako-ville so PLEASE help
him out. I will no longer have the means to keep mako-ville funded, so YOU guys will have
to fix, repair, replace, maintain and upkeep the place. Lease is $1600 per YEAR DUE in
August. You want to keep it open for YOUR use then you need to step up your game.

Before OCTOBER the NEW L16 batteries will be installed, yes another $3000 out of pocket,
but you now have a state of the art solar system which will cover the air conditioning soon
to be installed in the upstairs bedroom.

FISH REPORT: Leather Jackets, Roosterfish, sierra, and Yellowtail were all seen crashing bait
from OUR beach. Ray, a local down the beach picked up a 50 lb rooster in his 75 foot long gill
net in 5 feet of water. Going to be a good year guys. Weather was AWESOME last week. 94-96
degrees day and 78-82 at ight, winds were all BELOW 10 mph. PARADISE.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 08-29-2018 at 06:37 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote