Thread: rod extention
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla View Post
For your application it sounds like you'll be fine. Balance doesn't look to be a significant issue. You are adding weight towards the rear AND adding length. Those 2 factors can cancel each other out. Best bet is to mock everything up, mount the reel, and check to feel if its tip or butt heavy.

Also I'd double check your reel placement in relation to the stripper guide. Again mock it up. If its a spinning rod make some test casts and see if the line bunches up at the stripper guide or is slapping the blank. If its a baitcasting rod just make sure the angle of the line entering the stripper isnt too sharp. Also load up the rod and run the line thru the guides. You dont want the line to dip below the blank when loaded. Line touching is ok, imho not ideal, but for an ultralite it shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you for the expert input. I'm gonna mock everything up tonight and hopefully all goes well. It's a spinning rod and is coupled with a microspin reel so should give me plenty of guide clearance, if I'm understanding correctly

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote