View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 07:29 AM   #60
svendawg

Great fishing trip

Great fishing weather all week. Was able to fish all day long. A few days the wind came up around 1300, but if you waited it out it died down for the afternoon bite.

Lots of 50+ fish days with most of the fish being the larger model spotties, and sierra. Once in a while the YT would show but they were all rats.
The lure of the day was the 1 oz crocodile all chrome or chrome and blue.
The megabaits type lure worked also but not a consistent as the crock.

The place to fish was about one mile off the beach where there is a drop off from 40' to 100+ This ridge runs parallel along the beach from Bob's place all the way south to in front of Punte Buffeo. Fish the shallow side of the ridge. There is no structure out there but the fish are there. Paddle around and drop in fish marks and it's fish on.

I watched a shark eat one of my spotties while I was bring it in, leaving me with the head. Shark was about foot long, unknown species.

I had encounters with the whale shark on three different days where she hung out with me for a few minutes, I got video of the whale shark next to my PA with her tail inches from my hull and her swimming under my yak. (Sorry don't know how to post video)

The food was exceptional on this trip. Smoked ribs on two nights, Garlic shrimp, Bratwursts, Cowboy bean stew, Fried fish, Grouper cheeks (thanks Danny), Carne Asade, boneless Chicken and all the trimmings.

It was great to meet up with old friends and to meet new friends. I hope to fish with everyone in the future.

Border wait on Thursday at 1000 was 45 minutes.
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote