View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #15
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
I was wondering as an old timer with some aches and pains what part of my body is gonna be trashed the most fishing from a kayak in our local waters?
Haven't bought yet so with these health concerns does it narrow down which kayak might be more comfy and perhaps easier on the bod?

Also since I'm still looking and learning is there any exercises I can start on at home to limit my pain when I make the leap?

tks !

What kind of health issues do you have right now? Is that what your concern is, or are you thinking there could be some down the road. With anything that you want to do there could be some pains that follow. For me I personally like the paddling kayaks and the pains I feel after a long day may be shoulder soreness, some in my abs, but for the most part I feel great after a day on the water. I would say for the Hobie guys they may feel some soreness in the legs from pedaling, and we all feel it from loading and unloading, but like someone said if you are feeling more than general soreness after a day on the water you may be doing something wrong that can be corrected.

Like others mentioned, you should try renting a kayak and see how you like it, or go test paddle some. One word of warning though, and I think most will agree, once you get into a kayak and catch your first fish, you'll be hooked for life. Fishing from a Kayak is a totally different experience.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote