View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #18
goldenglory18

I've had a few "yak haulers" in my day. All topped/roof racked, and they have all worked well enough....

Most Fun: 2011 Jeep Wrangler. That pig could get me ANYWHERE, it was just a shit on the highway. That's what happens when engineers put a minivan drive train in a tin can body.

Cheapest: 2001 Chevy Blazer. Maintained this thing will run forever. Only sold it as I had funds for a newer car

Nicest: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Current ride and sooooooo comfortable. Almost too nice to use as a yak hauler. The only thing I wished it had is a 4WD, but so far, not needed.

Most Dependable: 2008 Xterra. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned. If it wasnt for the mandatory 100k service that we couldnt afford at the time, I might still have that truck. I echo what was said above, that roof line is WAY up there. That weird stadium seating is comfy inside, but for topping anything its a chore. I needed to use a step stool for that first "handle grab" each time...

Next Yak ride for GG18: Either a current generation 4Runner, or upgrade the Jeep GC to a 2016 w/4WD.
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote