View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
Rocketfish

Quick Report

So. Per your guys' recommendation, I launched near 13th street using my new Trax 2-30 wheels. Wow, they make the trip across the sand so much easier than the standard hobie cart wheels.

My buddy and I fished all along the jetty past the fenced barrier and were able to land a bunch of small, sub legal fish. Between the two of us and about 3 hours on the water we landed 3 Calicos, 2 Cudas, 1 Mack, 1 Sand Bass, and one Hali. My swimbait got a lot of short bites and a couple of very heavy bites that tore off the tail (I wonder what it was!).

It was pretty cool near the end of the jetty. I put my polarized glasses on and could see a dozen Garibaldi at any time with their bright orange colors.

On another note, a few guys were fishing off the jetty BEYOND the fence. They had the nerve to tell me to back away from them when I started drifting closer to them. I obliged, of course, but really, the nerve of some people.

Overall it was fun to get out. I haven't been on the water in about 2 months due to moving.
Rocketfish is offline   Reply With Quote