View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #35
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo Johnson View Post
Will this work on a Hobie Revolution 13? Do you just stow it in the forward hatch during time in the surf line and then mount once past the wave?

Head unit question: What do you find most folks are using? I'm reading Lowrance and Hummingbird.

I'm leaning toward a FF/GPS combo but am in model-number hell. Are Lowrance 4 and 5 lines as high as you go for a yak? Are the 7s too big or overkill?
I can't answer the Revo 13 question, but I'll be putting mine below deck while launching in the surf on my T15.

I have used Lowrance and Humminbird, both are great in their own respects, it's really more of a personal preference as to controls and functionality. I like the Humminbird line because I think the controls are easier to work, but I know others that would say the same for the Lowrance. I think anything higher than the 5 on Lowrance is overkill for a Kayak. You can find some really nice FF/GPS units for really good prices. BPS has the 6 month pay options, even if they are not advertising it, you can call them and ask for it.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote