View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #78
fongman

Here's one for the Hobie guys who haven't already remedied the flip flopping peddles. Jared at FastLane showed me how the new Hobie peddles have solved the problem. A small piece of 1/8" shock cord is attached from the top of the crank to the backside of the pedal. This is how I adapted this method. It is much lighter than gooping 2 oz weights to the bottom of the pedals.

If you want to put standard size lure boxes inside of your kayak, this method will keep them from moving and when you use the bungee, it will secure them in case you flip.

I took a container like this and cut off the bottom, then split it in half.
Take a tarp bungee and pull the knot out of the ball. Cut off the knot and then attach each end to a side of the tray holder with an overhand knot. Adding a drainage hole in the corner will keep any water from collecting inside of the holder. Goop it in place and you're done.

The last idea is more of a tip. Keep a supply of 1/8" stainless steel rod is handy. I have used it to make replacement hooks for rubber straps, dehookers, screen the outflow tube of a bt, bottom for rodholders,
sliding bungee hooks, and loops added to eyelets so additional connections can be made to it.

Industrial Metals Supply carries it in 10 foot (?) length for not too much.
fongman is offline   Reply With Quote