View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinsteve64 View Post
I'm considering it again. Trying to get my van set up to haul extra ULSD so I can make the trip. Last place to have it is Jesus Maria so I got to do some figuring then Insurance will be a lot. For those who have never fished mag bay, your not alone. Not to many have done what Bob is trying to do. This is a great opportunity to fish a really wild place. I would love to fish it again its been many, many years. One of the most memorable trips I have done in Baja. Its and adventure for sure.

Steve
So Steve last year we did the Asuncion trip, I topped off at Jesus Maria. We fished Asuncion for over a week. The new fuel station in Asuncion has a sticker on the pump as ULSD. I filled there before returning to the states. I refilled in Gonzaga to bet me all the way home. I did notice thet I seemed to use a little moore DEF for about a month. No other issues. Cannot guarantee it is ULSD buy it ran fine in my 2015 Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 4x4 and we were towing a small boat with all gear for three. Check out some of the other Baja sites about ULSD in BAJA, many stories. BTW I have 6 5-6 gallon containers you could borrow.
This was the second time I made the same trip with that Dodge Ram, and we got 15 miles to the gallon on that trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote