View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 10:48 AM   #7
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarland10 View Post
I have heard not to put dielectric grease on male plugs? How do you guys recommend applying?
Generously. I put a blob on either the male or female end, make sure it is lined up properly for connecting, and then firmly press the fittings together. The access grease will ooze out of any tolerance gaps in the connection, that might otherwise be subject to water ingress. After connected, the excess that oozed out can be wiped off with a rag.

A larger automotive tube of dielectric grease from amazon is the most economical purchase.

Note: It has been brought to my attention that the Lowrance Hook2 does not have a bayonet locking plug to connect the cables to the unit. Without the bayonet locking mechanism, dielectric grease cannot be applied in the generous manner that I have used on other Lowrance, Garmin, and Raymarine units. Reportedly the hook2 cables just plug in with no means of locking them connected. Due to the less permanent plug in system, the excess grease reportedly prevents the plug from staying connected to the unit.

Last edited by JohnMckroidJr; 11-02-2020 at 09:10 PM.
JohnMckroidJr is online now   Reply With Quote