View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
Today I had a special opportunity save the life of another mammal in need. Around 9 am I noticed a baby dolphin alone with no mother. This made me a little curious. This dolphin kept surfacing every minute or so as well. I put away my gear and attempted to get closer to see what was wrong with him. It seems he had been tangled up badly with a large clump of fishing line. After multiple attempts to pedal up to him and free him myself I made the call to Sea World Rescue to aid in the rescue attempt. They advised me to follow him until they arrived which I gladly did. After a little over an hour of trailing the dolphin they arrived and saved this little guys life. It took me a while to figure out who to call so if you ever need assistance keep this number in your phone 800-541-7325. I had the chance to save a life and made the call. With out assistance he most likely would have died. A life changing experience for sure. You will never know what you will get! No YT, but I wouldn't trade today's fishing experience for a YT any day of the week. Happy trails little guy!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/21221774/d...clipId=8400279
Great report. Sea Worlds rescue teams work fast and don't give a lot of grief. I once called them for a baby harbor seal that was left alone back in 1993 and they were onsite in less than 20 minutes to rescue the little guy.

Good on you Chuck for doing what you did.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote