Thread: video rescue
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #19
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I would bet that I would have launched. This wind was not supposed to come up until late morning.
I hear that!!

I was watching the weather and thinking about a trip down, after a 2 hour drive down with the conditions at 4:30AM I would of gone out for sure. The only reason I didn't come down was the wind came up early, up here, and I've been sick.

I'll tell you one thing as soon as it started to blow though I would of headed in, as it was projected to blow later in the morning, and I knew it was coming.

One thing I might add. When it get's really rough I stow all my gear and then attach not only a leash to my paddle, but also a lanyard from myself to the yak so if I end up in the water I won't loose the yak or paddle.

Additionally I keep my radio in my life vest pocket so If I do have to call for help I don't have to open a hatch to get my radio.

Open a hatch and loose the cover and your completely screwwed in those conditions. When it gets rough I want a clean deck with no distractions so I con concentrate on staying in the yak and paddling home.
Just my take though.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote