View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Dennis

LJ 9/9 am-Nelz, you were right.

Nelz, got mine on my big blue kayak!!

Got to the launch @ 0500. Lots of familiar faces. Light wind, waves picked up a bit. Water vis. 10'. I tried to make it out dry, but I took one in the face. I made bait and started trolling out to the spot. At about the 90 mark I started to see a couple of boils. YT braking the surface. Try tossing the iron, but no takers... Then they were gone. Paddled around for a bit, then ZZZZZZ! The little guy was no match for the 40lb. Boated it, and was debating on heading in. I squashed that idea and paddled to the 110 to fish more. Drifted to about 130, but decided that I was too far. So, I started heading in.. I'm at 116' when I see a large swirl at my left side about 15' away. With no one else around, I thought it might be something else. Mister Smiley, hmmm... My fishfinder signals that there is a large fish. Sure enough BIG marks on the screen. That's when my reel starts screaming. No kelp around, so I new I wasn't going to lose this fish.. Or I was HOPING not to lose it... It took some nice runs, but it couldn't find shelter.. Brought up number two. Decided to head in... STOKED!!! The wind picked up. I guess that was when everyone else decided to head back to the launch. My first yellow(s) on the yak. I finally got the skunkiemcskunkerson off!!
First landed- 1/2oz slider+swivel+spanish=10lb yellow @0730
Second-flyline+spanish=16lb yellow @ 0830 :lol:
Thanks Shaun for taking the photo..

See you on the water,
Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote