View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyak View Post
Nice fish,

On the rap did you have the hooks changed out and barbless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabac3898 View Post
CA Salmon regs require a single shank single point barbless hook. I guess you forget to tell us this.
I guess you forgot that Carpinteria is south of Point Conception.

Last I heard barb-less and single hooks were not an issue for us in So. Cal. and last time I fished Carpenteria for Salmon the hot troll bait was a blue silver Krockadile with a treble down 60ft on a downrigger under bait in 120ft of water.

From The DFG:

• North of Pt. Conception: No more than two (2) single-point, single-shank barbless hooks shall be used, and no more than one rod per angler when fishing for salmon or fishing from a boat or floating device with salmon on board.
  • Horse Mt. to Pt. Conception: If fishing with bait and angling by any other means than TROLLING1, no more than two (2) single-point, single-shank barbless CIRCLE HOOKS 2 shall be used. The distance between the two hooks must not exceed five (5) inches when measured from the top of the eye of the top hook to the inner base of the curve of the lower hook and both hooks must be permanently tied in place (hard tied).

The catch looks legal to me. For guys that want to try and catch some one thing to note is the season.

Pigeon Point to U.S.-Mexico Border (Monterey Bay south)

April 6 - October 6, 2013
  • Seven days per week except June 1 – July 9 when closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
  • 2 salmon per day of any species except coho
  • Minimum size limit: 24 inches total length

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 05-25-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote