View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #22
FISH11

I hit it today, seeing as the surf was foreast to be below 3' and the wind about 7-8mph until noon. Launched around 6:40 and landed around 2:30. Found bait near the kelp and started trolling a green back and the sabiki trying for more bait. went out to 110' and headed south. The water surface and sun were fantastic, but the bite just never came. Switched out macs for better swimming presentation, but none attracted the Yellow I was looking for. Finally on the way back the wind did come up (seemed higher than the 17 mph forecast) and the larger swell and wind generated white caps made a fun trip back from the south. So finally when a dog stole the mac I was trolling, I decided I could make better time against wind and current without trolling a mac. I though the forecast was off and it was going to remain super glassy. Should have known, I have made that same trip many times, it's best to plan on using the wind or current to aid the return trip. Sometimes you just can't help yourself when all you can think about it getting another 30+lb Yellow. Next trip.