View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
Saba Slayer

AI

warburto...don't wait...get the AI...even the older boats are a blast to sail and fish from. I was out on Thursday trolling with the sail for some nice big 5 and 6 pound Bonito. There is a learning curve to get the sail released and rolled up each time you hookup a fish...kinda like patting your head and rubbing your belly...it take a little coordination and practice. It was really fun sitting on the trampoline with my feet on the ama (outrigger) and fighting the fish. The AI is so stable you can dance on the trampolines. I've got mine rigged out with a 7" Lowrance, bait tank, and all the regular fishing stuff...Rail Blaza makes a pretty good rod holder that mounts on the akas.
The downside is it does take a few extra minutes to set up and rig...but in my opinion it's well worth it...there's nothing like peddling out in the morning then hauling ass back in with the sail in the afternoon!
The other downside is that it's so much fun to sail that I sometimes forget I'm out there to catch some dinner...and I just enjoy sailing.
It's super easy to sail...I went out with my wife for about 15 minutes to show her how to operate the boat and now she wants to get her own AI...it's that much fun!
Yes I still have a PA and Outback to fish from with-out the set-up hassle on those days when you only have a couple of hours to fish....so I'd advise keeping that Revo if you can afford it.
I don't miss anything...there is so much room and stability on the AI.
OK...that's MHO...of the AI.
If you are in the Redondo/Palos Verdes area please let me know, and if it works out, maybe you can try my AI.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 08-14-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote