View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
Harry Hill

Skunked at Mission

We had a beautiful day on the water today except for the lack of fish action. I talked with another fisherman coming off the water and he said the bite lasted about 15 minutes today at dawn then just turned off completely. Said he tried everything in his box with no action. I had one bite on a squid but it cleaned off my hook without getting hooked, probably something small and hungry.We took out the new boat today, a Malibu Pro 2 tandem I bought so my wife would be close enough for me to help. It was her first time on a sit on top and it spooked her for awhile, she is used to her sit in so she felt it every time I moved. It was fun for me to wiggle every once in awhile just to watch her grab the gunnels. The boat paddles nice and easy but it is a wet ride. The hull slopes up into the cockpit so every wave washes over instead of being deflected. Today was so nice I didn't mind getting wet but I'm thinking on a cold day I'll be glad to be wearing my paddling pants. I still have to get it rigged for fishing but after today I could see where I need to put things. We launched at the ski beach and went under the bridge to the sail cove but most of the kayaks were fishing right off the launch ramp area.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote