Thread: pvsfish.org
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
roby
CEO of Team Roby

pvsfish.org

DFG approached me on the water this past weekend while I was kayak fishing. They did the usual check up and then they handed me a little pamphlet. On the pamphlet (www.pvsfish.org) it showed an area they marked in red, which was contaminated (from Santa Monica Pier to Seal Beach Pier), and the pamphlet showed which fish should and should not be eaten in this area. On the list of "not to eat" included white croaker, barred sand bass, black croaker, topsmelt and barracuda. On the eat "1 time a week" list included several fish; just to name a few were halibut, rockfish, calicos, and corbina. I knew croakers were a "no, no," but I didn't think some of the other fish were.

I know this area is further up north for many on this message board, but is this new or has this info been around for awhile....

I was also approached by someone taking a survey on the same day. They wanted to know some information about how I did on the water. I've seen people taking fishing surveys before...what is there angle? I've just been learning about MLPAs and want to know who is friend and foe...thanks.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote