View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #50
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
well now that looks like clean canvas to fabricate something cool to carry a yak on, I am sure you will figure out something nice, I would make a sub frame that can be removed when not in use, for those off road trips, maybe made out of 6061 or equivalent so it doesn't weigh too much to take on and off. If you have any questions I can hook you up with someone who could help...b

yeah plan is to do some more cagework in the bed then run the cab cage out and connect before figuring out what to do. Thinking a rack made of .120 wall 1.5" mild steel will work. Something similar to a Roof Top Tent platform so I can stack gear up there. Will likely weld 4-6 tabs on the cage and then weld stover nuts to the bottom on them so its super easy to remove. Just has to be tall enough to clear the 5 6" Pencil beam lights ill be running up top. Weight isnt a huge issue since my shocks are valved pretty heavy and the Deaver pacs are made to perform with dual spares, fuel cell, etc and my trucks way light.

All about time and money. Amazing the amount of both this stuff takes especially until I get a bender at my house.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote