View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #15
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
Wade, how do you know the cadence is right on the Chatterbait? When I feel the bait vibrating, is that the right cadence? I picked one up a while back, but I've yet to put in the time with it.

Also, I keep seeing the Houdini color on multiple websites. But, it looks different on each one. Is the picture you just posted pretty close to accurate? I'm trying to decide if it is kinda redundant since I already have New Penny.
Lets go hit the bay before the end of the year?..
You can fine tune the lip of the chatterbait to better suit your desired application.
Having a MH action rod is important with Chatterbaits. As you mentioned you will feel it vibrating and thumping right through your rod tip. I also have great luck trolling them too even..Unlike with most spinnerbaits, a chatterbait you can immediately feel if you have any seagrass or clutter on your rig. A quick rip forward usually frees up your jig and the vibrating returns upon retrieve.

Typically the darker portion of the bait when shot in Z-Mans laminates, the dorsal section is darker going lighter to the belly. If the bait is rounded or squared, and overall angle, glare, ElaZtech reflections ect can make the hue appear very different especially in most catalog thumbnails!?
Here are a few different baitZ..
New penny shrimpz
Houdini Jerk shadZ
Houdini paddlerz
Houdini grass kickerZ

wade is offline   Reply With Quote