View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggiannig89 View Post
I hope they hang around. Fun to catch and make great sashimi
There were a bunch at LJ today. At the start of the day I had to tie a new sabiki, because the one I was using lost the hooks to bonitos, because they had some rust from several days of use. The sabiki was still working, but when hit by a bonito by the time I got it to the Solo Skiff they would break off. Funny thing is after putting on a new sabiki I found some Spanish macs and a bunch of nice greenbacks. I caught several bonitos on a P line minnow and later while trolling my greenback Rapala, (none were that nice size) I got another bonito and a Calico. Started trolling to cover more water looking for signs of Yellowtail, did not find any, and mostly because i got tired of feeding the Sea Lions that were attracted to numerous kayaks and boats. Usually I don't go on weekends, because of that. This day was because last week I could not go due to the Valley fire and having to wait and see if I would have to evacuate my house due to changes in wind direction and expansion of the fire. Got lucky, but had to miss going fishing.