View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #27
taggermike

The AI is a fun boat to sail. And with the ammas out its stable enough to walk all over. Dispite having basically no place to put your feet. As a fishing boat it's not great. Ive found when in sail configuration there is always some thing in the way. The best AI set up for fishing for me was to have just one amma n no sail.

Can't call it an actual negative cause it is what it is. But the AI is a massive rig when the ammas are on. Loading n unloading the rigged boat is a work out. And if taken down the set up takes a bit of time on the beach. Surf launch n landings can be anxiety inducing to say the least. I landed on a very crowded summer day. After waiting maybe 10 minutes for a wide enough gap to put the AI thru I ended up standing on the yak, blowing a whistle, and gesticulating to the rental yakkers to clear a lane.

The AI isn't the only reason the roof under my racks are completely rusted out but carrying that massive yak seriously over weighted the mounts. A trailer or full truck rack would be best.

Every yak has plusses n minuses. The AI is a great boat if you want to greatly extend your range. Not so good for surf launches. Just my opinions here. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote