View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #5
Saba Slayer

smokers

...I'm sold on the pellet feed smokers/grills...I bought a Treager...although I was sure it was all hype at first
(LOL... especially after listening to Ron on the radio adds) ...until my neighbor brought over some pulled pork he had cooked on his Traeger. I thought he was the BBQ King...until I realized it was the machine that made it taste so good.

For smoking fish...it's the best I've used in years...with the digital readout you can set a nice low temp and have it stay consistent...the fan circulates the hot air and evenly cooks/smokes the fish. With a pellet feed you can buy a bunch of different flavors and they are delicious.

The smoke flavor can be mild or strong...depending on the pellets used... We tried apple for our last bunch of ribs and pork loins...the Alder wood is really mild for fish and the Hickory and Mesquite are full of flavor for the bolder meats...
The family sometimes prefers a higher temp and a faster cook time to get that black and crisp finish on the meat with some bbq sauce...although the slow cooking with a good rub on the meat is a delicious and moist way to go also. The beer can chicken is really moist and good...sometimes I'll use Apple or Pineapple juice instead.

I don't think you can go wrong with a pellet feed grill/smoker...I'd make the investment if I were you.

Clean-up is easy too...
Dump that Little Chief smoker and you'll be amazed at the difference in quality of your final product.
The machines are pretty simple so the knock-off versions may be well made...although I can't say, as I haven't looked at or compared the lesser priced units.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 01-08-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote