View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #24
Apex Predator
pushpt.com

Getting ready to lose sight of shore

Wow, I am getting a lot of interest from you all. So as the day approaches we will need to make sure we are prepared individually and as a Team. So with that said I have just 3 requirements that I need you to ALL meet, in order to come along:

1. participate in a couple of Offshore fishing days, with the other members of the expedition, to the 9 mile bank where we will be traveling about 30 miles over the course of the 10-12 hour day on the ocean. These will occur, 1 in early and 1 in late September, (date to be determined.) The purpose of these is not only to train our bodies, but to also get all of us working as a unit and in addition fine tuning our gear and supplies to length of our journey. Even if you have ruled out doing it this year, get an early start on your 2019 readiness by coming along!

2. a Nautical Radio with ship to ship and distress calling ability.

3. a Nautical GPS navigation system of some kind.

In Addition to that I will be heading out fishing offshore NEXT Sunday morning (8/19 @ 4am in LJ, radio channel 69) and many more times in La Jolla and offshore leading up to the October Trip if you would like to come along or meet me out on the water.

Let the Journey Begin,

Mike Maio

Last edited by Apex Predator; 08-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote