View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #17
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell128 View Post
Hey jimmy about the tank I got mine set up like this. I had to pinch back the flow way down for the drain To keep up. Would this cause a problem with bait staying alive? Should I redo The drain to allow more flow? Thanks Attachment 13930

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Without seeing the inside it looks like you may be running the risk of a dead bait plugging your drain, causing your tank to overfill. Putting the drain hose lower on the tank will give you a higher outflow rate. I would also drill overflow holes on the sides.

Plan on inflow rate being less than potential outflow rate. If you are draining from the bottom you will want them to be close to equal, keeping in mind that the increasing weight of water as the tank fills will increase the outflow proportianally. Putting a valve on your outflow will allow you to adjust it to get the right level in the tank and slow the outflow should your battery start to fade.

That said, I let mine drain out the sides (holes drilled) and out through the scuppers. Still working on the tank for my PA but will post pics when I am done. With teh amount of free time my two kids and wife allow that should be sometime in 2037
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote