View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
Geno Machino
"Relax"

9/8/15 one bait -- one fish...

Bait was pretty scares today. Made a couple of bonito first thing. However, they where a tad bit big to put on the hook. Kept one for cut up bait for my sabiki. So, after a while of nothing but nothing, I cut up the bonito, put some on my hooks and slow trolled by the kelp-line. Caught one descent greenie and decided to put it on a hook and start trolling for a game fish.

Went outside into deeper water towards the west. All of a sudden my bait starts to get nervous and I'm waiting for a whamo...well I got a whamo alright, a 6-7ft hammerhead rams my yak. Could'nt tell what it was at first, until I look over and see him/her inches from my lap. Then all of a sudden it turns a circle and whamo - it slams the back of my kayak again. Later I say to this and turn tail back towards the kelp-line and a couple of other yakers, as I reel in my only bait for safe keeping.

I get inside a bit and toss out my bait again and as I was cruising along - I got bit . I knew it was a smaller fish but then the fun begins when a dog joined the party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfyI...ature=youtu.be

Anyways, I was going to release this pup, however the dog would of ate it, so I took it home and BBQ fish tacos is whats for dinner.

First trip in my new Revo 13 (from Andy) thanks bro!

In by 9:30. Been trying to upload my first go pro video, all day. We'll see how it turns out.

Tight Lines,

Geno

PS. this fish was stuffed with red crabs! I don't know where it was going to put that mac

Last edited by Geno Machino; 09-08-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote