View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
fishingfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentek9 View Post
the MAIN differences
1. people who never seen an acid rod will call you retarded for putting a 1 piece rod on incorrectly
2. ACID RODS ARE AMAZING ON BIGGGG FISH. my twin rods were only bay bass rods so there was not too much hmph in the fight. but i also have an acid rod for my tuna trips and it feels amazing to have energy to keep fishing after i just landed a nice grade yft.
I've had people try and straighten out my GUSA 80MAG that I had acid wrapped. Otherwise, I love this rod for bottom fishing with a TN12/14 and lots of spectra. Besides BIG FISH, it really helps reduce angler fatigue after a long day of dropping down deep looking for reds. You'd be surprised how much twisting fatigue you'll endure on a dedicated bottom fishing trip. I believe the acid wrap will also provide a benefit to trolling conventional reels in a rod holder. The line will drop back like a spinning rod at the tip guide, but you'll have the torque of a conventional.

I'm not sure where you can buy them, as it seems most out here were custom wrapped. Don't be afraid of custom wrapped rods, IMO they are more affordable than people think. Now if you can wrap yourself, you're in business!
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote