View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #19
TJones

anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSledTeam View Post
There was a post way, way, baaaacck, in the innovations thread that showed how to put a 90 elbow at the discharge end of the pump and a short length of pvc (~6 inches) pointing upward so that the tank will not drain below the opening of the short pipe. And you have to determine the correct length of pipe for your bait tank to maintain the proper water level for operation.
chime in on pics?
what size battery are you using yak ? 10 amp? or 7-8 amp? i cut the terminal connections off an old battery that went dead. and i reconnected it to a new 10 amp battery that i purchased from the main interstate distribution hub . around 22$ bucks i think . the hobie batteries are excellent choice of course . carrying a second battery during a long 14 hr summer day is a good option. i made a few mods to the tank myself . i screwed on a flex hose about 10 ' long .it was purchased from home depot .i can easily reach down and grab hose to syphon and prime tank ,or blow on hose to help clear debris . i also purchased end cap to seal hose , which enables me to prevent water from flowing out . if interested in pics , let me know . this whole idea and creation was another users invention . thanks . this mod has no effect on macs being disturbed because it curls around bottom of tank . no harm , no foul .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote