View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #15
FISH11

About a month ago, when I landed at the launch area and was loading up my gear on my truck. A lifeguard comes up and tell me that even thought it's not posted there is a 15 minute time limit for loading up kayaks. I was a bit pissed because I had only been there 10 to 15 minutes and a lot shorter time then some other I saw. He pointed to the same on the street even though I see cars left there for hours. I don't have a problem as long as they enforced the rules on others. Sometimes the rental outfits take too much of the area and there is definitely a problem with bathers. I told the lifeguard that I had complaint about the bathers that stand in the water at the launch or are playing on boogie boards. He agreed that it is not a swiming area and I asked him to pass it on to his boss, that often we almost hit people who aren't paying attention. I think they should station a lifeguard at the area to warn bathers away and keep tabs on the rental outfits as heir clients come in all over the place. I'm glad summer is over and the numbers of people there will be less.