View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #20
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonkayak View Post

....With all this talk about radiation in japan and some articles....
i do agree much of the hoopla regarding Japan's radiation contamination is VASTLY exploited by the "disaster" websites & news channels of the world. but as an engineer/physicist studying & working with radiation for years when i was younger, i also think it may be somewhat more of a future hazard all around Pacific ocean, than many are willing to acknowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post

The article's about radiation are far off and very biased. I can say this I was on one of the ships that responded to the incident and we had guus on shore not to far away helping clean up the debris from houses and what not. And we are all fine.
you are all fine now. hopefully it stays that way in future years.
radiation exposure is at times, not an immediately damaging problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post

....what's a little radiation, it can't be much worse than what we did to ourselves in our youth, and over the years, but living the clean life now, just might make up for some of that, or so we hope
radiation is a very resilient contamination, and a very destructive item to humans & human tissue & cells.

if present, it is typically much worse than ANYTHING many of us did to ourselves with drugs/alcohol/partying in our younger days.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote