View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #13
FISH11

I did forget to add what Greg brought up about the below deck storage. Other than front hatch access which I really don't like to have to open in the open ocean, there is very little below deck storage on my Hobie Revo. I have hard time just fiting my water proof bag with wallet, cell phone, etc. inside using the round hatch in front of me. My Malibu has several large access hatches to store items in suspended hatch liner bags, 1 in front of me and 1 behind my seat. My 2016 X Factor also has another hatch with sealed compartment that I have plumed as a bait tank, it is so easy to get to the bait. I can take out the suspended bag on the hatch in front of me and then I have access to the whole inside of the Kayak. I use this to put any large fish usually yellowtail in whatever numbers I get lucky enough to land. I have come in and landed through the surf with almost no change in handling while carrying 3 large yellowtail that in total weighed over 68 lbs, because they were under deck. On my Revo which has no space for any large fish under the deck, I have to use a Reliable Fish Kill Bag mounted on the bow and when coming in with a Yellowtail weighing over 37lbs it made coming in through the surf a sketchy ride because of the higher center of gravity.