View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
Hey Will, glad to hear you got some steady cabbage comin' in...you'll only benefit from that, now and in the long run. Bummer the tat thing can't be full time, you're very talented from what I've seen.
Keep the yak handy, man...and try to stay in "pounce mode" with your gear.
I've been frustrated by the same feeling before...but in the end I kept my head straight with some realizations...
Fishing is a life long passion and your time for it will come and go. It shouldn't be an all or nothing situation. The key is to look for those windows.
Don't stress about the right tides, fishing reports, etc. and just go whenever you can, even if its a few hours in the harbor for a bass session or taking your daughter to a park lake.
Yah, you'll still be dreaming of the trophy fish and seeing the greener grass of those who seem to fish daily, but in the end you know you're doing what's right for you and your family...and face it, fishing is 2nd or 3rd...accept that and be OK with it.
Good luck in the new job...hopefully this helps or you're able to make whatever changes you need to be happier.
Dude, thats exactly what I needed to hear ands thank you on the compliments. Im still tattooing, just not as much. I get up at 4am and get home around 4 pm now, 6 days a week making aerospace parts. Its not my passion by a long shot but the benifits im getting make it worth it to my family and I. I know ill be back on the water as soon as I can shuffle things around. Im just missing the freedom I had ti just "up and go".

Thanks guys. Just miss been out there. The yak is safely put away

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote