View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #7
jorluivil

HOW DO YOU BALANCE IT?

You don't, don't even try. Just fish when you can, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. When I go I tend to not pay attention to tides, moon phases and water temps as much as I do to the winds and surf. Can't go Saturday? Go on Sunday. Can't go Sunday? Go Monday.

Some of the guys that I fish with tend to crack jokes about me being on drugs because I work from 10pm until 530am, meet them at 630am and fish until 2pm, sometimes later. I've been fishing at least 1-2 times a week since May of 2011, this week marks approximately 47 straight weeks(+/- 2 weeks) that I've fished without missing a week.The best suggestions I can make: keep your batteries charged, keep your gear in working order, keep everything ready to get up and go and as soon as the moment comes.....

I fished this past Friday and Saturday and would have fished Sunday if it wasn't for the wind( I don't mind the rain), the minute I knew I wasn't going out on Sunday my gear was put back in the storage bin, my ff, bait tank and vhf batteries were put on the charger and by Sunday night I was ready to go. If someone called me and asked if I wanted to fish Monday I would have been ready to go.

Like I said, don't kill yourself trying to figure it out, just keep everything in order and fish when that window of opportunity opens up.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 03-28-2012 at 05:58 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote