Thread: 9/6 AM LJ!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Arne

It was just plain carnage out there today. Anchovies were so thick I was able to paddle by a swirling bait ball and scoop up a handful. Little silver flakes were everywhere from the massacred chovies. It seemed the Yellows wanted nothing but chovies and the very occassional greenie. No plastic, no iron, no spanish, no sardines. Veeery frustrating. The biggest of the YT I got to pull on was just shy of 15#. Also had a couple "dinks" eat greenies that were just about as big as they were.

Just when I was about to call it a day something hit my last greenie. Straight to the kelp it went, but not too much of a fight, so I thought it was another smallish YT. I was pulling on it like I wanted it to come unbuttoned since the deck was already full. Finally I brought up a huge ball of kelp with a big WSB head sticking out. :shock: COOL! Took a blind gaff shot and brought it on board. Totally unexpected. Forgot my camera again so no pics except some very cheesy driveway shots.

The paddle in was long with a nw wind and south-westerly drift. Saw a couple good sized WSB cruise right underneath my yak on the paddle in, but my gear was a mess and I couldn't get anything off. Paddled in with a guy named Dave who got his first ever WSB. That first one you always remember.

It is going off out there so get out if you can.

Oh yeah, Adi, very nice fish yesterday. That's one of the nicest doubles I've seen in a long time. 8)
Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote