View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Flyak13

Redondo success and failures

So I'm somewhat a novice to kayak fishing . I have and ascend... But already looking to upgrade to a malibu stealth with my tax returns . So anyways I have been hitting redondo probably 5 times in the last month and just when I think I'm getting it dialed in I catch the ol white stripe . So far my best results have been using frozen candy drifting the walls for sand bass. I have caught a couple really nice specimens . I'm trying to figure out how to catch a darn Hali though! I was out this past Sunday and spent 4 hours drifting Carolina rigged live macs and dropper looped frozen candy defying from the jetty to the peir at various depths for nada ! Then went back to hitting the walls for The same result . If anyone wants to head out with me pm me . I'm usually available Tuesday Thursdays and weekends. And stay in woodland hills so anywhere between Santa Barbara and long beach... Maybe extending down to Diego if there's a killer bite in lo jolla I'm down to go and learn ! Thanks very much , my account has just been activTed so for now on my reports won't be so vague and bunched together ! I've also hit the wreck out there twice for so far one barely legal Sandy. Was hoping to be able to get some rockfish in the deep canyon and struck out there as we'll. I'm definitely not giving up ! But sure would love to get out there with an experienced veteran and take some notes !
Attached Images

Flyak13 is offline   Reply With Quote