View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loozer View Post
Hello all,

New to the forum but have been kayak fishing for over 3 years now exclusively in lakes in and around Reno/ NorCal area. I'm a LA native (ELA to be exact) and have buddies still down in SoCal that I've infected with the kayak bug.

We are planning a trip to Cabrillo beach this June 9 and looking for any and all input, tip, tricks, ideas, warning etc.

Like everything I do, I've been researching everything the internet has to offer on the topic of fishing Cabrillo beach. I've come to understand it can get dicey out there with wind and chop.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all those that reply.
I fished there last Sunday and saw 4 other kayak fisherman out there. One guy said it was slow, and he caught one short calico. I stayed out there after everyone left and I just had one rockfish I caught on a p line squid rig with squid strip. The fish nailed it as soon as I dropped it so I thought it was gonna be poppin, but that's all I got all day.

Not to discourage you, bc I've fished over there with a few friends on a little bay liner and we caught about 20 fish in a few hours on frozen squid (sculpin, cabezon, rockfish, calico bass and more).